It has just been revealed that the top 3 phobias in the UK are:
1 Fear of spiders
2 Fear of visiting the Dentist
3 Fear of flying
Phobias don’t just happen, they are learned from past experience. Phobias are put in place by our subconscious mind to protect us from perceived threats. If a wasp stings you the subconscious mind learns to treat wasps as a threat and makes you wary of them. Phobics take being wary to the next level and above by over exaggerating the possible threat releasing adrenalin, the fight or flight hormone.
So if you can’t even mention your fear without your heart bursting out of your chest and breaking out in a sweat you have a problem.
The good news is it usually only takes one visit to a hypnotherapist to remove a phobia so that you can get on with your life. I can help you to put your fear back into perspective with hypnosis.
For information on hypnotherapy visit http://www.change4thebetter.co.uk
As a hypnotherapist I believe that we should all live our lives the way we want.
So if you want to continue to smoke I have compiled a list of reasons to help ease the anguish and justify your habit so that you can fully enjoy the wonderful experience of smoking.
1. I don’t smoke enough to worry about the health risks.
2. My Grandfather smoked and he lived till he was 86.
3. I really enjoy the taste and smell of tobacco.
4. I keep myself fit by going to the gym so smoking the odd cigarette is fine.
5. There are far worse things that I could spend my money on.
6. Smoking is the only thing that relaxes me.
7. My partner smokes so there is no point in trying to stop.
8. I have tried to stop before but it’s impossible to once you start.
9. I take comfort in knowing that I can stop anytime I want.
10. Roll ups aren’t as bad as straights because they don’t contain added chemicals.
11. As long as you stop before you’re 35 you will be fine.
If the above reasons don’t convince you to keep up enjoying your vice and you would like to stop smoking for good contact me Alex, at Change4thebetter.co.uk.
2014 could be your year.